What was achieved?
Remote monitoring and control of a widely dispersed estate of gensets
Scalable and secure remote monitoring system
Based in Ramsgate, UK, Cummins Energy Solution Business (CESB) is part of Cummins Inc., a Fortune 500 corporation and the world’s largest manufacturer of diesel and gas powered engines.
CESB’s Operations & Maintenance team is responsible for managing after-sales requirements, ensuring that CESB can support all their customers throughout their territory in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
CESB needed a flexible, scalable and secure remote monitoring system that would address their requirements, including the facility to:
- see a consolidated view of their entire estate of genset from a single login;
- rapidly log large numbers of parameters;
- view the live performance of any one of their sites;
- compare and chart large numbers of parameters;
- carry out correlation analysis; and
- execute the remote start and stop of an asset.